Linear WD500Z-1 Z-Wave Wall Dimmer
CONFIRMED WORKING: Unofficial - User Verified
Linear/2gig WD500Z-1 Z-Wave Wall Dimmer
- Requires a Neutral
- Range: Up to 100 feet
- Uses Z-Wave's Scene Command Class
- Easily replace existing standard switch to add a Z-Wave controlled lighting dimmer. Compatible with any Z-Wave certified gateway
- Linear Z-Wave products provide up to 100 feet range between the wireless controller and/or the closest Z-Wave device
- Linear has been providing best-in-class home & business control solutions for over 50-years and is a leading worldwide mfg.. of Z-Wave products
- Compatible with incandescent and most dimmable fluorescent, halogen, Xenon and LED fixtures and The wires are pre-cut for easy stripping.
- Can be combined with a Linear/2gig WT00Z-1 Z-Wave 3-Way Wall Switch to create a virtual multi-way circuit
- Pair this to the Wink Hub by adding a new product and choosing Lights -> Zwave Light.
- When prompted by the app, double-tap either the top or bottom of the switch paddle.
I've had experiences where the App doesn't think the switch was added and times out. If you exit the app and go back in, you should see a new light called "Light" that you can then edit and rename as you see fit.
- Although I do my best to verify every product that is reported as compatible, things do change.
- Firmware updates to either hub might render previously-compatible devices inoperable. Usually, problems like this are reported and addressed by Wink.
- Inclusion in this Wiki is a very good indicator of compatibility, but is not a guarantee.
- One thing to be aware of is that "ZWave Plus" devices might not work with the Wink Hub (1st version), though they should work with the Wink Hub 2.
- I use a Wink Hub 2 as my primary controller.
- My testing is done on the Wink Hub 2.
- I try to find out if devices reported by others are Hub 1 or Hub 2, but I'm not always able to find out.
- I am a beta tester.
- This means my hub might work with a device that won't work for the general public.
- I try to avoid adding article for devices that are only compatible with the Wink beta firmware, but sometimes, something slips through.
- If I report that it works, but it does not work for you, chances are it will start working for you in the near future.