Amazon Echo Voice Remote
From Wink@Home Wiki
CONFIRMED WORKING: Officially Supported
Amazon Voice Remote
This is an add-on remote to extend Amazon Echo or Dot to another room without needing to purchase another Echo or Dot
- Official remote for Amazon Echo and Echo Dot (Not compatible with Amazon Tap)
- Connects to Amazon Echo and Echo Dot via Bluetooth
- Includes an integrated microphone for when you are too far away or it's too noisy for Echo to hear you
- Dedicated buttons for volume up, volume down, play/pause, previous, and next
- Amazon Echo and Echo Dot work with one remote at a time
- Although I do my best to verify every product that is reported as compatible, things do change.
- Firmware updates to either hub might render previously-compatible devices inoperable. Usually, problems like this are reported and addressed by Wink.
- Inclusion in this Wiki is a very good indicator of compatibility, but is not a guarantee.
- One thing to be aware of is that "ZWave Plus" devices might not work with the Wink Hub (1st version), though they should work with the Wink Hub 2.
- I use a Wink Hub 2 as my primary controller.
- My testing is done on the Wink Hub 2.
- I try to find out if devices reported by others are Hub 1 or Hub 2, but I'm not always able to find out.
- I am a beta tester.
- This means my hub might work with a device that won't work for the general public.
- I try to avoid adding article for devices that are only compatible with the Wink beta firmware, but sometimes, something slips through.
- If I report that it works, but it does not work for you, chances are it will start working for you in the near future.