GE 12728 Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control Add-On Toggle Switch
CONFIRMED WORKING: Unofficial - User Verified
GE 12728 Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control Smart Add-On Toggle Switch
This device does nothing on its own. See below for details
Transform any home into a smart home with the GE Z-Wave Smart Lighting Control Add-On Toggle Switch. The GE Z-Wave Smart Lighting Control Toggle Switch replaces your current switch, uses existing wiring and provides your home with ultimate flexibility when combined with a GE In-Wall Smart Switch, Dimmer or Fan Control. Use the dimmer feature to customize the lighting output and create the perfect ambiance for any room. The GE Z-Wave Smart Lighting Control Toggle Switch operates as your home automation systems primary control, requiring three-way or four-way wiring configurations. Three-way wiring configuration turns the light or appliance on/off from two separate locations. Four-way wiring configuration turns the light or appliance on/off from three separate locations. Take control of your home lighting with GE Z-Wave Smart Lighting Controls! Z-Wave is the world's largest ecosystem of interoperable smart home products. Z-Wave lighting controls provide an easy-to-install and affordable system to control lighting and small appliances in your home. Add GE Z-Wave lighting controls to a Z-Wave certified gateway to access and control your home from anywhere in the world using your smartphone, tablet or computer as a home automation command center. Never worry if you accidentally left the lights on because you can turn them off remotely or program your lights to go on/off at specific times. Create customized lighting scenes for any occasion such as a "go to sleep" scene or a "movie night" scene. Give the illusion that someone is home by programming the lights to turn on/off while you are away-perfect for deterring crime and adding additional security!.
- Provides ultimate flexibility with your GE In-wall Smart Switch, Dimmer or Fan Control
- White lighting control matches most standard wall plates (wall plate not included)
- Screw terminal installation provides improved space efficiency when replacing existing switches compared to flying leads. Requires a neutral wire.
- Requires a GE Home Automation Switch, NOT a standalone switch
- Compatible with GE In-Wall Z-Wave, Bluetooth, and ZigBee Switches, Dimmers and Fan Controls
This device does nothingh on its own and is only used to create a multi-way circuit with other GE switches.
Use in conjunction with GE 12724 Z-Wave Dimmer or GE 12722 Z-Wave On/Off Switch to create a 3-way circuit
- Although I do my best to verify every product that is reported as compatible, things do change.
- Firmware updates to either hub might render previously-compatible devices inoperable. Usually, problems like this are reported and addressed by Wink.
- Inclusion in this Wiki is a very good indicator of compatibility, but is not a guarantee.
- One thing to be aware of is that "ZWave Plus" devices might not work with the Wink Hub (1st version), though they should work with the Wink Hub 2.
- I use a Wink Hub 2 as my primary controller.
- My testing is done on the Wink Hub 2.
- I try to find out if devices reported by others are Hub 1 or Hub 2, but I'm not always able to find out.
- I am a beta tester.
- This means my hub might work with a device that won't work for the general public.
- I try to avoid adding article for devices that are only compatible with the Wink beta firmware, but sometimes, something slips through.
- If I report that it works, but it does not work for you, chances are it will start working for you in the near future.