Keen Home Smart Vent
CONFIRMED WORKING: Unofficial - User Verified
Keen Home Smart Vent
Manufacturer's Description: We believe your home should be your sanctuary and not another source of stress. Our products ensure that when you get home, your home gets you. The Smart Vent was designed to increase comfort and reduce energy costs by regulating your home’s temperature room-by-room.
Meet your Smart Vent Now you can heat and cool your home the intelligent and efficient way—room by room. The Smart Vent creates an intuitive room-zoned system that proactively balances your home’s temperature. The average sized home only needs a system of 4 - 8 Smart Vents to enhance both comfort and efficiency.
Intelligently connected The Smart Vent retrofits existing floor, wall, and ceiling air vents in just a few simple steps, then wirelessly connects to your home network. The vents communicate with each other, as a Smart Vent System, to regulate airflow in rooms too hot, too cold or not in use for most of the day.
More comfort, more efficiency Strategically placing 4 - 8 Smart Vents throughout your home, in rooms that are over-conditioned or rarely used, creates a balanced home temperature system that enhances comfort room by room.The Smart Vent’s built-in temperature and pressure sensors wirelessly communicate with each other—as well as other smart devices—to regulate and redirect airflow when needed.
This pairs to Wink as a "Generic Zigbee Light Bulb" and shows up as a dimmer in your Lights section. Dimmer functionality controls how open or closed the vents are.
If the Smart Vent was not discovered, you may need to reset the device before it can successfully connect with the Hub. To do this:
Press the black factory reset button beside the top louver/on the back of the Smart Vent's battery compartment 5 times. The LED will start double blinking green to indicate the Smart Vent was properly reset and is attempting to pair with a Hub.
- Although I do my best to verify every product that is reported as compatible, things do change.
- Firmware updates to either hub might render previously-compatible devices inoperable. Usually, problems like this are reported and addressed by Wink.
- Inclusion in this Wiki is a very good indicator of compatibility, but is not a guarantee.
- One thing to be aware of is that "ZWave Plus" devices might not work with the Wink Hub (1st version), though they should work with the Wink Hub 2.
- I use a Wink Hub 2 as my primary controller.
- My testing is done on the Wink Hub 2.
- I try to find out if devices reported by others are Hub 1 or Hub 2, but I'm not always able to find out.
- I am a beta tester.
- This means my hub might work with a device that won't work for the general public.
- I try to avoid adding article for devices that are only compatible with the Wink beta firmware, but sometimes, something slips through.
- If I report that it works, but it does not work for you, chances are it will start working for you in the near future.