Leviton DZ1KD-1BZ Decora Smart 1000W Dimmer with Z-Wave Plus Technology
CONFIRMED WORKING: Unofficial - User Verified
Levinton DZ1KD-1BZ Decora Smart 1000W Dimmer with Z-Wave Plus
The Leviton DZ1KD is a Z-Wave Plus enabled universal dimmer designed for residential lighting applications. It uses the latest generation of Leviton’s dimming technology for smart lighting control, engineered to function with extremely sensitive, low-wattage light sources, such as a single LED bulb in a hallway or a strand of holiday lights, ensuring LEDs do not glow when off. The DZ1KD is fully compatible with Wink, SmartThings and Amazon Echo (requires Wink or SmartThings Hub), as well as all other certified Z-Wave controllers, security systems, gateways, and hubs. Attach one or multiple DZ1KD devices to these controllers to provide automation and remote access.
Application In addition to universal lighting support, the DZ1KD features two-way feedback, is scene capable, and is Z-Wave Plus certified, ensuring the latest technology, increased communication range, network wide inclusion, and over the air updates. Includes 49 different fade rates and features user pre-sets for powering on and minimum brightness. Also features transient surge suppression built-in. Can be used in 3-way, multi-way circuit by using matching DD00R-DL remote dimmer. The UL required air gap switch disconnects power from load locally. It is concealed during normal operation and is accessible without moving the wall plate.
Unmatched Style Decora Smart with Z-Wave Technology dimmers leverage the popular Decora form factor and styling, along with compatible accessories including three-way devices, color change kits, and wallplates. The dimmers feature true rocker action, pressing the top to turn on and the bottom to turn off. Additionally, the dim/brighten bar is conveniently located along the right side of the paddle, ensuring ease of use with the state-of-the-art device. Vanishing LEDs on the left side of the paddle show current and target light level with real-time feedback. For the most professional and cleanest installation, pair the device with an optional Leviton screwless wallplate.
- Universally supported by most security systems and hubs with Z-Wave Plus capabilities
- State-of-the-art Z-Wave Plus commands including network wide inclusion and beaming
- Easy to retrofit in existing residential applications
- Supports dimmable LED and CFL technologies, and includes support for legacy
- Perfect for use with DZPD3 and DZPA1 Universal Plug-In Modules
- Compatible with Wink, SmartThings and Amazon Echo (requires Wink or SmartThings Hub)
Use the Leviton DD00R-DLZ 120VAC 60 Hz Decora Digital/Decora Smart Matching Dimmer Remote to create 3-way (or more) circuits
- Although I do my best to verify every product that is reported as compatible, things do change.
- Firmware updates to either hub might render previously-compatible devices inoperable. Usually, problems like this are reported and addressed by Wink.
- Inclusion in this Wiki is a very good indicator of compatibility, but is not a guarantee.
- One thing to be aware of is that "ZWave Plus" devices might not work with the Wink Hub (1st version), though they should work with the Wink Hub 2.
- I use a Wink Hub 2 as my primary controller.
- My testing is done on the Wink Hub 2.
- I try to find out if devices reported by others are Hub 1 or Hub 2, but I'm not always able to find out.
- I am a beta tester.
- This means my hub might work with a device that won't work for the general public.
- I try to avoid adding article for devices that are only compatible with the Wink beta firmware, but sometimes, something slips through.
- If I report that it works, but it does not work for you, chances are it will start working for you in the near future.