Quirky Aros Air Conditioner
CONFIRMED WORKING: Officially Supported
Quirky/GE Aros Smart Window Air Conditioner
Dumb window A/C units only give you two options: Leave the air on all day — while burning expensive electricity — or come home to nasty, stuffy summer heat. But not Aros; because Aros is smart. Part of the Quirky + GE collection of connected products, Aros gathers information about your budget, location, schedule, and usage. It learns from this data over time to automatically maintain the perfect temperature and maximize savings for your home. Using the Wink app on your mobile device, you can monitor, program, and control Aros from anywhere.
- Beautifully Simple Design
- Aros's sleek, modern design allows for upward airflow, which increases circulation; its flat, touch-capacitive sensors let you switch between three cooling modes and three fan speeds discreetly; and retractable fabric wings ensure a proper fit in your window. No doubt about it, Aros is sure to be the best looking A/C on the block.
- Works with the Wink app: monitor, program, and control Aros from anywhere
- Tracks your usage so you can adjust settings to save on energy costs
- Learns from your schedule, weather, and budget to cool when you need it
- Turns on and off based on your smartphone's GPS settings
- Cools medium rooms: 350 square feet (~17 x 20 feet)
- Fits windows 24.5 to 40.5 inches wide x 13.5 inches high
- Upward airflow increases air circulation
- Three cooling modes + three fan speeds
- 8000 BTU, 115 volt, 6.3 amps
- Although I do my best to verify every product that is reported as compatible, things do change.
- Firmware updates to either hub might render previously-compatible devices inoperable. Usually, problems like this are reported and addressed by Wink.
- Inclusion in this Wiki is a very good indicator of compatibility, but is not a guarantee.
- One thing to be aware of is that "ZWave Plus" devices might not work with the Wink Hub (1st version), though they should work with the Wink Hub 2.
- I use a Wink Hub 2 as my primary controller.
- My testing is done on the Wink Hub 2.
- I try to find out if devices reported by others are Hub 1 or Hub 2, but I'm not always able to find out.
- I am a beta tester.
- This means my hub might work with a device that won't work for the general public.
- I try to avoid adding article for devices that are only compatible with the Wink beta firmware, but sometimes, something slips through.
- If I report that it works, but it does not work for you, chances are it will start working for you in the near future.