Wink Relay - Smart Home Wall Controller
CONFIRMED WORKING: Officially Supported
Wink Relay Smart Home Wall Controller
Relay is a wall-mountable touchscreen controller that runs the Wink app, giving you instant access to your smart products. Manage lights, locks, appliances, and more all from a central location. This beautifully designed command center is fully loaded with temperature, humidity, and proximity sensors, plus two smart light switches; it's like an entire smart home on your wall.
- 4.3" multi-touch screen allows access to all your smart products via the Wink app
- 2x smart light switches can be customized to turn lights, scenes, or other smart products on/off
- Temperature, humidity, and proximity sensors put even more data at your fingertips
- Microphone and speaker for intercom functionality (coming soon) and Replaces most single or double light switches
- Please refer the trouble-shooting steps in page 34 of the user manual under the product description for issues with the product use
Hard reset of a relay
Thanks Robert Brisco
- While holding top right switch (physical button) on Relay, press soft reset button underneath faceplate
- Continue holding top right button until “System recovery” screen appears
- Press bottom switch twice, or until “wipe data/factory reset..” is highlighted
- Press top switch once to select “wipe data/factory reset..” option
- Screen will display message - “Confirm wipe of all user data? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE”
- Using bottom switch, navigate down until “Yes - - delete all user data” is selected
- “Wiping data… Formatting /data…” screen will appear, followed by original “System recovery” screen
- Press top switch to select “Reboot system now” option. "ERROR" may appear on screen, this is normal.
- Relay will reboot, and should eventually load main Relay home screen. If home screen does not load, Relay may require one more soft-reset (press button under faceplate).
- Relay should now show newest firmware. If this is not the case, simply perform update again
- Although I do my best to verify every product that is reported as compatible, things do change.
- Firmware updates to either hub might render previously-compatible devices inoperable. Usually, problems like this are reported and addressed by Wink.
- Inclusion in this Wiki is a very good indicator of compatibility, but is not a guarantee.
- One thing to be aware of is that "ZWave Plus" devices might not work with the Wink Hub (1st version), though they should work with the Wink Hub 2.
- I use a Wink Hub 2 as my primary controller.
- My testing is done on the Wink Hub 2.
- I try to find out if devices reported by others are Hub 1 or Hub 2, but I'm not always able to find out.
- I am a beta tester.
- This means my hub might work with a device that won't work for the general public.
- I try to avoid adding article for devices that are only compatible with the Wink beta firmware, but sometimes, something slips through.
- If I report that it works, but it does not work for you, chances are it will start working for you in the near future.